A Budding Yogi

So I'm starting to feel a bit like a yogi...well, almost.  Today was Day 6 of 30 in the 30-day Yoga Challenge, a little Vinyasa 1.  This one was different, we used the blocks between our thighs during our down dogs and our chaturangas. Now, doing a true chaturanga requires strength in the upper arms (of which I have little) and core (which I am still working to restrengthen after two kids).  I never really considered the role your thighs played in the whole process until today.  It was different.

That's what's great about yoga.  The poses can often be the same, but the feeling is always different.  I guess that can be the same for any class you take.

Last night was class number 5.  I took the Vinyasa 2 class and it was a little tough.  The evening classes are more challenging as the day rolls to a close and I've been working so my brain and body have been chugging along for 12 hours already.  My upper thighs were sore, my core was feeling weaker and so my up-dogs to my down-dogs were all mushy.  We did a lot of warrior 2 and warrior 1 poses and chair poses. My thighs were done.  It takes a lot of energy to keep myself from laying on my mat in child's pose and closing my eyes, drifting off to yoga sleep.

But I am determined!  I will conquer these 30 days.  I will complete this challenge!

Now I must sleep or my joints and muscles will be screaming at me in the morning; not due to soreness, but due to lack of rest :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Yoga: 30-Day Challenge!